Friday, March 6, 2009

As I Am an Honest Puck, or, Just One Time Let Me Put This on a Student's Paper...

Incoherent.

Incomprehensible.

Nonsense.

Babbling.

Rubbish.

English?????

Are you sure you read the story?

I grade your paper sober. I would appreciate your doing me the courtesy of writing it that way.

(Should a student ever happen upon this blog, know that I love you, and only the occasional paper drives me to this level of despair. If you can read this, you didn't write that paper.)

4 comments:

  1. Why not be bloody direct for once? Perhaps your honesty in this matter would be sobering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's got to be difficult when you know that you must temper you remarks, even though sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can read this, you didn't write that paper

    I laughed (really) out loud, at work even!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sleepless night, writing, and needing inspiration led me to stumble upon this; but honestly your sobriety may not be doing anyone favors. I may have preferred the dull edge of your mind grading my papers, or at least slightly elevated for my Rastafarian presentation which I know you loved.

    ReplyDelete